April 26, 2010

Photo story: Sheep tower 綿羊疊疊樂


"Photo stories" is a new section that I've decided to add
Each of the photos in this section have appeared in my other blog
But I just posted the pictures alone without any explanations
 So I thought it will be fun if I post the pictures again,
But this time I will tell you a little bit about the story behind that picture

"照片故事"是我決定新增的單元
裡面的每一張照片都在我之前的網誌出現過
但是那時我只有放照片沒有加上任何註解
於是我決定重新po這些照片並且寫下每一張的故事
.

Summer 2008 
was the last time I went back to Taiwan.
My friend and I found these adorable sheep
in Jin Shi Tang bookstore in Taipei
They were all different sizes and all so cute
I wanted to take them all home with me
But considering my limited luggage space I had to give up that idea
So we quietly stacked the sheep into a tower
And gave them names according to their price
(Ex. the largest one was called 699,'cause it cost NT$699, ha ha ha)

Even after I have returned to the U.S
I just couldn't get those sheep out of my mind
I would often ask my friend 'Are 699 and his brothers still there?'
when I was told Jin Shi Tang doesn't carry them anymore
I was heartbroken for a while
Next time I go back to Taiwan
I'll make sure that my luggage has some room
So I can take 699 back with me
If we have the chance to meet again!

{photo info}
2008 Summer
Jin Shi Tang Bookstore,Taipei,Taiwan

2008年暑假,
上次我回到台灣的時候在公館的金石堂,
發現各式各樣不同大小的綿羊,
每隻都好可愛好想抱回家
但是想到行李箱會塞不下只好放棄
於是我和朋友偷偷的把綿羊按照大小疊疊樂
還幫他們取了名字
(用它們的價錢取名,例如最大隻的叫699,哈哈哈)

回到美國後我還一直
對那些疊疊樂綿羊唸唸不忘,
有機會就問朋友'699和它的兄弟們還住在金石堂嗎?'
前陣子朋友說金石堂已經不賣綿羊了
讓我傷心了一陣子
下次回台灣時我的行李箱要空一點
若我有緣再次碰到699
就要毫不猶豫的把它抱回家!

{照片資料}
2008 年夏
金石堂書局,台北,台灣

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments~ they will be posted once I make sure it's not spam
很高興看到你的留言噢 ~ 留言在確定不是廣告以後會被張貼

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...