July 9, 2010

~New York~ Brunch at Fanelli Cafe










Navagating through the maze
that is the New York subway system
We still managed to arrive early,
before the lunch crowd started to arrive.
There was no fancy decor,
no bright advertisement on the door,
but when a crowd of New York grandmothers
walk in like regulars
and can order from the menu
like the back of their hands
We smiled at each other
across our plates of omelette and french toast
and we know we've struck gold.
Brunch in a little cafe tucked in the heart of Soho
what more can a girl ask for?

p.s.This is my "jump around" travel series
This was part of a three day New York adventure
with my friend Grace last year.

p.p.s.Fanelli Cafe is the 2nd oldest cafe in NYC.

在迷宮般的紐約地下鐵找路
我們既然還能在午餐人潮前抵達.
沒有華麗的裝潢
門上沒有閃亮的廣告
但是當他們的常客包括
能連menu都不用看就點餐的紐約阿媽們
我們互相微笑
知道我們找到了寶.
疊的滿滿的omelette和法國吐司
在Soho的小咖啡館的brunch
真的能讓人感到滿足.

p.s.我的旅行系列變成"跳來跳去"系列
這是屬於去年我和好友Grace去紐約的三天冒險.

p.p.s.Fanelli Cafe是紐約第二老的餐廳.

{Info}
Fanelli's Cafe
Hours: Sun-Thu 10am-1:30 am , Fri-Sat 10am-3am
Address: 94 Prince Street New York, New York 10012
Phone: 212-226-9412
Take the subway: N, R, W at Prince St. & B, D, F, V at Broadway-Lafayette St.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! Mmm...everything looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanelli's is worth a visit, I recommend going early to beat the crowds, it was packed by the time we left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to have a plate of omelet though. It looks so tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to this place, but I'll need to try it. Frankly, you had me at the French Toast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Lulu and Brandi,

    The omelet and french toast were both very good. If you do go I would love to hear about your Fanelli experience =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful still life..
    I have never had brunch there...
    but then I eat breakfast at 5am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought of my pictures as still life until you pointed it out Carol! Maybe you can paint a breakfast scene one day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. my god, that looks insanely good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments~ they will be posted once I make sure it's not spam
很高興看到你的留言噢 ~ 留言在確定不是廣告以後會被張貼

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...